East Indian Sandalwood Essential Oil (Santalum Album Lin), also known as Mysore Sandalwood, is one of the best sandalwood essential oils available worldwide. This variety of sandalwood is becoming increasingly rare due to the slow-growing process of the sandalwood tree from which it comes. The sandalwood tree can take up to eighty years to mature, resulting in an excellent, highly concentrated oil. For this reason, our best quality East Indian Sandalwood essential oil has many benefits!
Uses and Benefits:
- Diffuse to stimulate mental acuity and help focus attention
- Diffuse or directly inhale to help combat anxiety and promote calm
- Apply topically to reduce inflammation or ease muscle aches
- Scent and Appearance: Mysore Sandalwood essential oil is highly viscous and has a long-lasting, sweet and woody scent that it gets from santalol, the main aromatic component found in the sandalwood tree.
- Processing Method: Steam distilled from the roots of the sandalwood tree
- Plant Origin: India
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Bergamot, Ginger, Nutmeg and Clove.
- Main Constituents: A-Santalol,, CIS–Santalol, CIS-EPI-Santalol Bergamotol, EPI -Santalol,Nuciferol and B-Santalene.
Sandalwood itself does not come with any severe contraindications. It is one of few essential oils that is completely safe for topical use. Until you know your tolerance, it is important to never apply the undiluted oil directly to your skin or to take it internally unless you are under the direct supervision of a certified aromatherapy practitioner. Essential oils are highly concentrated, and when applied directly to the skin they have the potential to cause severe irritation. Always abide by recommended dilution guidelines, and if using topically for the first time, do a patch test on a small area of skin before applying liberally.
If you are pregnant or suspect that you might be, consult a physician before starting aromatherapy treatment. Similarly, if you suffer from allergies you should exercise great caution, as many carrier oils are nut-based and can cause severe anaphylaxis.